www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Monday, August 01, 2005

Another summer day, has come and gone away

What a weekend it had been. :)
With 6 hours of sleep in total, you can bet the weekend was pretty eventful. Had lots and lots of fun and took lots and lots of photos, albeit sunburnt and tired.
Thanks to Aliya who accompanied me to see fireworks during NDP rehearsal on Saturday, where we ooh-ed and aah-ed each time those colourful fireworks were released, trying to guess whether there'd be more each time they finished a set and ended up being genuinely surprised when we did get more; me trying to take shots of them fireworks and ended up taking nonsense, depending on one's perspective. Thank goodness we had that photographer who had situated himself at a prime spot, all ready for the fireworks. Utterly impressive and provided us much fodder for chit-chat during that time. :)
Closing Time had fun written all over it. :) Sandeep and Ridz were big bullies as usual. Kidding. :) Thanks to Provost who tried to joke in front of everyone by saying I was from NTU/using an NTU coupon and trying to claim the SMUve T-shirt that was already claimed. (In actual fact, I was getting the polo-tee, not the SMUve T-shirt.) At least I didn't stage a drama Firdaus and Putra did at the T-shirt Collection Centre when they attempted courageously, and dramatically, to procure a SMUve T-shirt with an already stamped coupon. Hilarious friends, they are. :)
SMUve. So so so grand! With all those balloons and confetti and colours, waking up early in the morning was certainly worth it. Pity I didn't have my camera with me; ended up assigned to be host to the VIPs instead of being a flagbearer. Provost certainly made us smile; I felt bad for not warning him about the possible dangers of the uneven ground. Twice he tripped - once on the grass and another on a cone that was blocking his path. Do be careful next time, Sir?
Vivace. I got to take photos with my favourite Blood Buddy, Paul! Sooo cute. As I'd told him earlier, it was a wonder he didn't get concussed getting knocked around by everyone whilst dressed as an adorable, huggable blood drop. Now Paul, it's not every day you get to hear me say that about you! *grin* Sandeep, Ridz and Sharifah were good company to have - yes Sharifah, think of all those baby squids that never got to be adult squids! And who can forget Sandeep's lousy attempt at archery; his bows preferred the wall to the target. :D Met plenty of juniors as well as juniors who were once seniors - you poor guys who had to answer the call of the nation; Welcome to SMU!
Going to take quite an effort and some time to sort through those photos I'd taken during the weekend; Going to take my well-deserved sleep before I do all that.
Happy 1st August! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

must send me the photos of my blood buddy okay?!

credits to michael buble for the entry title.

(Paul)

Syuhada said...

Woo hoo!

Of course I'll send you your photos. :)

Love Buble too. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »