www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Scanned some photos I took in France today, as an addition to the ones I've uploaded a couple of days back. For the uninitiated, I went to France, the south rather, for an immersion programme with other French scholars. It's been 3 years since I've been there but the experiences and memories I've had still remain fresh. All that fun, scenic places, culture shock, food, or rather the lack of it, independence, good weather, good company; what would I pay to experience all that all over again, with a better camera and a better eye for photography this time round. I remembered how my friends made fun of my idiot-proof conventional camera, the most "ancient" amongst all the other cameras at that point of time, which couldn't even zoom and its flash was at most auto, all you could do was look through the viewfinder and press the button to take a photograph. Loved every moment of it. Well, I did try my best; as they say, it's not the camera, it's the photographer, which of course, some would always beg to differ. In any case, I'm now pondering over whether I should come along for a trip to Thailand, which would cover the politically unstable South. Photo opportunities would be plenty, as well as the elevated risks in security and one's life. Oh well, hopefully the answer will come by tomorrow.


I love to ask what people see in these photos with multi-exposure effects; for you can see so much in them, when you stare hard enough; enough to intrigue me for a long time.

No comments: