www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Friday, April 15, 2005

The day I "Forced Entry" into school

Ahhhh, today's such an eventful day. Never knew I had it in me (Well, actually I am very much self-aware thank you very much). To cut a long story short, I went to school at around 10 pm to submit my group's BGS paper (which was due at 12 pm mind u, but Sheen gave us until "tonight" to submit so we can cut down the word limit to 5000 words - from 7000 to 6000 to 5000 - I almost died at the laptop, thanks to Mosy & Ridz for helping. *glares at Putra*) alright, I'm regressing.

So you must be wondering, how is she going to hand in the paper when he's not in his office?

Ah well, I figured that I'd put the report into a plastic bag (a nice black one, mind you) and hang it on the door knob of his office.

But don't you need the access code to enter the faculty offices in Accountancy?

Well, I only figured that out when kind Putra told me that when I was already on my way to school.

What happened then?

I decided to try my luck and see if the office was really locked, which would really be a bummer, but I'd probably curse myself, dump the report in my locker and get anyone who's going to school tomorrow to hand it in for me (alright, it doesn't matter that I'd just thought of this contingency plan like now).

So I took the lift up to the 7th floor, saw "Free Access" on the screen, so far so good. Then I reached the door of "Faculty Offices", screen said "Keypad Ready", oh darn, let's just try my luck and opened the door I did.

It started beeping madly, screaming "FORCED ENTRY"!!

Oh well, I wasn't going to leave till I came to do what I wanna do, ya know?

So got my mom to hold the door for me (yes, mom & aunt accompanied me, my partners in crime), wouldn't wanna get locked in, thank goodness I remembered where his office was, hung my plastic bag on his door knob, went back, closed the door, silence returned. Done in 10s. Je suis cool.

Wasn't there a security camera?

You bet there was! Although I realised that only after I had committed the "crime". & started talking about terrorists and bombs in the rubbish bin loudly. There you have it.

Mission Impossible Accomplished.
Bravo.



Allow me to end with an amusing exchange between my brother and my mom.

Mom: Teacher kau Mat Salleh? (Your teacher is an angmoh?)
Bro: Mat Soleh... (Religious Mat...)
Mom: Tak... Mat Salah. (No... Wrong Mat)



Oh, life's absolutely lovely.

6 comments:

G said...

my goodness...so funny!!! dearie u r cool. lol.. three cheers for siti!

Syuhada said...

Thanks sweetie! :)

Anonymous said...

You mention my name without getting promise from me!
(is it gramatically correct? English is not my mother tongue).

Syuhada said...

Hey hey, who are you then? I mentioned quite a number of names in this entry. It's "You mention my name without getting permission from me!" by the way... :)

Anonymous said...

“Getting permission”! Yes! What a foolish man I was! Why did I write “getting promise”? I’m always confused between these two words. Thank you for making it right. It’s embarrassing, since I graduated from university five years ago, but my English is still in elementary level. Meanwhile, I’m attending the intermediate level of an English course now.
I found your blog while I was googling “Mat Soleh.” It’s my name. I’ve just realized that this name is very popular in Singapore and Malaysia as well. Sorry for making you disturbed. And, thank you. At least, I can learn English from this foolishness. Nice to find your blog.
(Are these sentences correct?)

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... http://www.jenna-jameson-pics.info Dealing forex como buspar el prefix de una ciudad espanola fast investment make money no credit www seroquel com 1968 oldsmobile toronado Proforming oral sex on womens well fargo home equity loan Loma linda timeshare Statistics on lasik surgery guaranteed personal loan with horrible credit 2002 chevrolet interior color codes Boomer loan mortgage Black dating gilmanton new hampshire New cadillac designs