www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Friday, April 04, 2008

Three Years On

That gentle wisp of feathery breeze,
That turn of his face to look at you,
That smile in return he waits for,
That smile keeps on playing on your lips.
So I have missed the birthday post for my blog yet again, by half an hour this time. Three years ago yesterday, I thought I would just start a blog for fun and see where it would take me to. Before long, what became clear was that I was not much of a writer; while I would have liked to be one, I was, and still am, too guarded to give away a part of my soul to share with a reader, as all brilliant writers do. Good writing makes you feel and empathize, and to do that requires the writer to share his emotions, digging deep within and bringing these emotions out, sharing with someone else. It becomes sort of an emotional investment where you place trust and faith in those you share these secrets with. Until I find it within me that willingness to share, or until I meet someone who can break down these walls of mine, until then I will keep everything to myself.
That said, I have a paper due in 16 hours and once again, I am nowhere near being done. 2 papers, 4 exams, 2 weeks to graduation. :)
PS: Have created a new site to hold all my photos from now on. :)

3 comments:

seventh stranger said...

happy birthday. i've always wanted to have a mcdonalds birthday party. envy you.

Syuhada said...

Hi.. thanks for the birthday wish. Just curious, how did you know I had a McDonalds' birthday party? O_o

seventh stranger said...

at hougang rite.... i just happened to be there after work to grab some late dinner. i kindda smiled cause i know and i read your blog from time to time, but didn't wanna appear to be a stocker if i'd say HI!

I would want a party like that! :))))