www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Panorama

- Oberalp Pass, Switzerland, 2007 -

I've taken a long time to decide which of my scenic Switzerland photographs I want to show on my blog. Sure they are all beautiful, but no photographs (at least of mine) could capture the grandiosity and beauty of the moments when I was there. My photographs could not show how happy I was to be aboard the Glacier Express, how small I felt as the train passed through these huge mountains in a valley and how unbelievably blessed I was feeling to be able to experience and appreciate God's creations. Neither could they show how I tried to take surreptitious bites of the cheese puffs that I had fried at six in the morning because you were not allowed to bring your own food to the dining car that I was in. All that aside, here is a photograph of where the train stopped for five minutes at the highest point of the route (2033 m) and everyone got out to take photos or a smoke while just enjoying the scenery.

No comments: