www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Of Permanence and Humility

- Paris, France, 2007 -

In this short life of mine, I have come across people from all walks of life, from the destitute who reminded me of how blessed I am to the talented and brilliant who impressed me with their humility and modesty, for as brilliant as they were, they knew that there would always be those who were better than them. It then perplexes me when I meet people with undeserved pride, people who are mediocre yet deluded into thinking that they are better than their peers. Do they not realize that any blessing that was bestowed upon them by God is but His, and that all of it is temporal? There is a fine line with recognition of one's capability and arrogance; I can only pray to God that I do not cross that and that I feel constantly blessed and grateful for whatever God has given me, both the good and the bad.
--------------------
5 weeks to graduation

No comments: