www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Life

Jame'Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque

Tomorrow will mark the beginning of my 3rd week of school. Many would know that I missed my first week for some filming in Brunei, so I've only been in school officially for a week. People warned me that there would be nothing to do or see in Brunei - shops close early, there's no nightlife and that Bruneians are generally boring people. With such low expectations, how could their wonderful hospitability, beautiful mosques and eating places that close at 1 am not be a pleasant surprise? Perhaps it's me or perhaps it's the idea of being overseas that makes me feel blessed no matter the circumstances. I was blessed to have the opportunity to be a guest in such a homely country and to have the experience of being a part of the media industry. More friendships were forged in yet another foreign country. Even then, one thing that I regretted would be that I didn't get the time and chance to enter their grand mosques and take more architectural photos.

Life has to go on, as usual, with my readings of which their thickness can be measured by the inches, learning a new language - Italian, and my long overdue internship and community service reports. Not forgetting the 2 articles I owe my editor! Well, let's hope I clear my backlog of work and get through this semester, alive and well.


A presto,
Syuhada. :)

5 comments:

JőŇàŤĥåŅ said...

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Brunei. It was really FUN having you guys around here. Miss those crazy times...

Take care.

Balqis Hadi said...

i miss spending time with u guys..

-balqis

Syuhada said...

Heylo balqis & jonjon.. Really miss u guys too... :( Hope we see one another again soon! Maybe at hamid's wedding! ;)

Salih said...

Can you share your aritcles with your blog readers?

Syuhada said...

If I have the time to scan in the articles in the magazine, insya-Allah I will share them here. :)