www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Monday, January 03, 2011

2010

- Chicago, 2010 -

Ah, 2010, what a huge difference from 2009, masya-Allah

Had to go for surgery, barely ate for more than a month, fell twice in three days (literally, not in love), just recovered from a scabby face, and now I'm still recovering from an awful throat infection. It's probably not a good idea to do an end-of-year review while I am sick, but really, how could I be nothing but grateful to Allah SWT for all that has happened to me? Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) for Him taking such good care of me, giving me such kind, lovely, and wonderful friends, who look after me while I am thousands of miles away from home. Alhamdulillah for my wonderful family, who are always there for me. Alhamdulillah for all the people I have encountered, and who have become my new friends, thereby making my life a much more interesting one. Alhamdulillah for all my little adventures (and awkward moments), as I seek to complete the other half of my deen. Alhamdulillah for surviving 1.5 years into my PhD program, and finishing all of my required coursework. Alhamdulillah for everything, truly.

I can only pray that 2011 will be a better year and more, insya-Allah. To repeat a du'a from last year, may Allah SWT continue to look after me as He has done thus far, and bless me with spiritual peace, guiding me along the right path in every decision I make, and as an added bonus, to a soulmate, ameen. 

Here's to an absolutely blessed 2011, and again, may everyone find peace, love, wisdom, and happiness! :) 

No comments: