www.flickr.com
shoehada's photos More of shoehada's photos

Monday, December 31, 2007

2007

Exactly a year ago, I was busy packing and trying to walk on my twisted ankle after having missed a step on the stairs on Christmas, praying that I will be well enough for my flight the next day. Miraculously, I was able to walk and my 2007 started off at the airport, wondering if I could survive being overseas on my own for the very first time. On hindsight, I need not have worried, for perhaps I was meant all along to be overseas. No culture shock, no homesickness, I felt right at home.
In any case, 2007 has been unexpectedly a fantastic (fantastic being an understatement) year of firsts and wonderful experiences. 2007 was the year that I went for exchange in France, learnt that I can actually cook, visited 28 European cities, made friends from all over the world, spent my birthday in Versailles, obtained a Diplôme de Français des Affaires avec un mention très bien, lugged over 45 kg of things alone over 2 flights, did an internship, got published with my own byline, went to Brunei where I stayed in a 5* hotel and felt like a princess, appeared on national TV, learnt a new language, got my very own workstation and a perfect term score, among other firsts. Of course, there were downs but there were definitely more ups than downs. How can I ever thank my friends and family for always being there for me, for those long-distance calls, conference calls, chats in the twilight zone, MSN chats and sms-es? Reminiscing about the entire year leaves me feeling extremely blessed and for that I am constantly grateful to God for being so kind to me.
2007 has been such a great year that I hope 2008 will be as good, if not better. Yet I know that 2008 could possibly be a difficult and unpredictable year for it is the year when I graduate, insya-Allah, and yet, my post-graduate plans are still hazy. Nonetheless, what would life be without its unexpected twists and turns? Perhaps I would fall in love, get a job, go overseas, further my studies, learn another new language, all of which do not necessarily have to be in that order. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.
That said, have a great 2008! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quizás, Quizás, Quizás...